Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Do not worry about your life - Matthew 6:25

This actually happened on Jan 26 and 27 but I still wanted to share this with you.
i was having a particularly hard  time in my life. Feelings of hopelessness, feelings of guilt, worry, insecurities, conflicting feeling of what I should do with my life at that moment. I felt unsure about almost everything in my life. And on this day I was especially depressed. At the end of the night I wanted to read Oswald Chambers, My Utmost for His Highest, the classic and amazing daily devotional. I had already read it for that day but it was past 12am so I wanted to go ahead and read the next day. The title was "Look again and think..." and the featured verse at the top was Mathew 6:25 "Do not worry about your life..."  I felt a sense of relief already.
 Oswald says, "If the frontline of attack is not food or clothes, it may be about money or lack of money, friends or lack or friends; or the line may be drawn over difficult circumstances. It is one steady invasion, and these things will come in like a flood, unless we allow the Spirit of God to raise up a banner against it."   I felt like God was talking to me! I believed he was.
He also says "Whenever there are competing concerns in your life, be sure you always put your relationship to God first."
Verse 26  continues to reassure "Look at the birds of the air, for they neither sow nor reap nor gather into the barns; yet your heavenly Father feeds them. Are you not of more value than they?"
Just what I needed to hear!

No comments:

Post a Comment