Thursday, February 3, 2011

Reason for this site

I lost my mother September 15, 2010. She was in the passenger seat of my car as we were driving home from her weekly treatment at the Moffitt Cancer Center in Tampa. She was tired, but that was normal for her after treatments. I didn't realize what exactly was happening and I wasn't prepared for what was to come-following the next 10 minutes to the next hours, days and now months.

On January 18th at 4:16 am, sitting up in my bedroom, I was reading the book "Return to Love", when I realized something profound. My mom was my biggest influence for Christ in my life. I had lost the most vital natural transit to my connection to God- that I had always depended on. I was frozen and felt scared. How am I going to remain faithful without her always professing to me the wonders he was performing in her life (she was always faithful even through her struggles)? How am I going to remain focused without seeing the evidence of His powerful love through her? That love which transferred through to me, was like a vine that was now broken in the middle.

So the purpose of this site is to promote connections between people who would like to share experiences where God is evident in their life. A support group of people who love God and want His love to be expressed through them. Let's start sharing!

A Return to Love...

5 comments:

  1. of course, you are very emotional, but take your time... be patient with yourself...
    maybe you will never feel like before, when your mom lived; maybe indeed a major change happened in your soul...
    but trust yourself, God is in you... YOU are a piece of God... Trust the things you learned from your mom...
    trust someone who is qualified: a priest, or a pastor; look for someone you feel you can relate to him, and you feel comfortable talking with him
    please take good care of you
    best regards
    from Europe,
    Victor

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lisa as you well know you mother is with you daily as I always tell you stop and feel the wind she is here she is guiding you.... she is still your connection you are YOUR CONNECTION.... she has taught you well now it is YOUR JOB to carry on the tradition and TEACH YOUR DAUGHTER the way she taught you... with the determination and strength that your mom had ..... you have that strength and determination I have seen it in you for years and years and so does your daughter. I am here to help you GOD IS ALWAYS PRESENT with us all and will get ALL OF US through.... the torch has been passed in the race it is your turn now to run with it GO LISA KEEP YOUR HEAD UP LOOK FORWARD AND RUN.... YOU ARE A ROLE MODEL FOR MADISYN AND ANNIE WAS FOR YOU..... YOUR FAITH IS STRONG AND SO ARE YOU... I LOVE YOU MY DARLING DAUGHTER OF GOD GO FORWARD AND SHINE HIS LIGHT AS YOU DO SO WELL...

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's a beautiful picture of your mother and you look so much like her. I look forward to reading more. ~ Heather

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you everyone for your kind words. It means a lot. I've realized lately how powerless I am. I realize that I cannot get myself through this one. I'm known to have a pretty tough foundation, one that is not shaken easily. But this time, it has become obvious that I can't do this alone. But once I accept this I can already feel God taking the weight off. He is good.

    I will continue to share with you the wonders he is performing in my life. Just as mom always did. Please share with me the "God" things that happen in your life. You know those things that make you smile and say to yourself "thank you God, I needed that!" :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Well Lisa let me share this with you..... God brought you into my life for a reason and I thank him DAILY do you hear me DAILY for you.... God wanted me to continue your moms work he told me and her that hence the 15+ year relationship we have had we don't need others (and you know who I mean) to continue our family and our love... you are our daughter and I will continue to hold and comfort you. God is here and Tom and I love you like our own.... you will always have us as your parents.... ALWAYS....now lets bring god in our lives together I am ready....

    ReplyDelete