Friday, February 4, 2011

Faith Hope Love

Mom had a thing for words. She always said there was power in words. "Believe" was one of her big ones and the verse 1Corinthians 13:13 was one of her favorite verses "And now abide faith, hope, love, these three; but the greatest of these is love." She unwittingly lived by this verse. These three words were a huge part of who she was. 

So the great thing that happened to me the other day, I was trying to come up with a name for this site. I thought Faith  Hope Love could be a good name. But it was unavailable, of course :) So I grabbed the Bible and with it still mostly closed I was flipping though the pages outside edges to find 1 Corinthians. So once I saw the book name, I opened the Bible all the way. I went to start flipping back when I realized- there it was. I opened right to it. Just another way of God saying "I'm here" and so is mom. Subtly profound!


No comments:

Post a Comment